A highly flavorful dressing featuring almond butter, ginger, garlic, dates and chile pepper makes a delicious accompaniment to broccoli and bean sprouts. Serve it over soba noodles if you like.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates, raisins or prunes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1/2 small serrano pepper (optional) finely chopped
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets and lightly steamed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
In a blender or food processor, purée almond butter, lemon juice, dates, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup water until smooth. Transfer dressing to a large bowl, add broccoli and cilantro and toss well. Cover and marinate for up to 1 hour. Arrange bean sprouts on a large platter, top with broccoli, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Per serving: 150 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 6g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service