Crisp carrots, cucumbers, radishes and celery combine with fresh basil, mint and parsley in this honey-Dijon dressed rice salad. Served chilled or at room temperature, this versatile dish is perfect for al fresco dining alongside your choice of protein.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopepd fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Put all ingredients into a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Per serving: 180 calories (50 from fat), 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 4g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service