Cherry salsa makes a sweet and spicy condiment for salmon, chicken or pork. For a milder salsa, remove all of the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño.
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine cherries, jalapeño, shallot, basil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: About 2 tablespoons, 25 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 6g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 1g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service