You can't go wrong with the best of family favorites, pizza and Mexican food, in one meal! For a vegetarian version, simply substitute cooked zucchini or bell peppers and onions for the chicken. If you only have two mouths to feed, serve half the pizza for dinner and pack the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 premade whole wheat pizza crust thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa plus more for serving
- 1/4 pound part-skim mozzarella shredded, divided
- 1 cup no-salt-added black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn thawed
- 1 frozen boneless, skinless grilled chicken breast thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange crust on a pizza stone or large baking sheet. Spread salsa over crust and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with beans, corn, chicken and remaining cheese and bake until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, cut into 8 pieces and serve with more salsa on the side.
Per serving: 2 pieces, 410 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 56g carbohydrates (9g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 22g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service