Serve this fresh chutney with rice, naan, grilled meats or tofu, and tacos. It is especially suited to meals that are rich in cheese or avocado, as the heat of the chutney cuts the creaminess.
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 medium white onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger grated or finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper very thinly sliced, seeded if desired
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Strip leaves from cilantro stems and finely chop. Put in a bowl with tomato, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Stir to combine.
Per serving: 1/4 cup, 10 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 3g carbohydrates (0g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 0g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service