Thanks to the reader who sent in the recipe for this pasta dish full of bright and unexpected flavors. She says, "My kids and I can whip this up in ten minutes! They love to take it for lunch." Sounds like a great idea to us. The garlic-infused oil adds a delicate flavor; look for specialty oils in our grocery aisles.
- 1 pound bow tie pasta, preferably whole wheat or spelt
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add avocado, green onion, feta, tomato, and cilantro. Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the warm pasta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold.
Per serving: 161g-wt., 460 calories (160 from fat), 18g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 61g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 14g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service