Thanks to the vibrant flavors of clementines (or satsumas if you prefer), cranberries and fresh rosemary, this pitcher full of sparkling wine-based cocktails is prime for winter celebrations. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the clementine zest in large pieces for the chopping and twists.
- 2 2/3 cups clementine juice plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped clementine zest, plus 1 clementine for garnish (from 12-14 fruits total)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup organic 100% cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 8 (1-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling wine, such as Pascual Toso Sparkling Brut well chilled
- 1 (12-ounce) can tonic water or ginger ale
In a wide, shallow dish, mix zest and sugar together with your fingers. Wet the rim of 8 cocktail glasses with a wet paper towel, and then dredge in clementine sugar to coat. In a large pitcher, use a wooden spoon to muddle cranberry juice, cranberries and rosemary sprigs thoroughly. Fill pitcher with ice cubes. Top off with clementine juice, wine and tonic water or ginger ale. Stir vigorously; pour into glasses; garnish with clementine twists and serve.
Per serving: 180 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 28g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 25g sugar), 1g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service