This vegetarian Cobb salad features crisp romaine and savory, raw collard greens topped with white beans, blue cheese, eggs, sweet peppers and creamy avocado. Scatter homemade croutons
or crumble bacon over the top, if you like.
- 1 bunch collard greens, ribs removed and leaves very thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup 365 Everyday Value® Organic Lemon Tahini Dressing or Red Pepper & Feta Low-Fat Dressing
- 1 1/2 cup cooked cannellini beans (see LEARN TO COOK: Beans), or 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
In a large bowl, toss collard greens and romaine with dressing, and then arrange on a large platter.
Arrange beans, cheese, eggs, peppers and avocado in wide rows over the salad and serve immediately. (Alternately, serve dressing on the side.)
Per serving: 250 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 150mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 23g carbohydrates (10g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 14g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service