Noodlelike black seaweed strands make this strikingly colorful salad a healthful side dish for pairing with fish, grilled tofu or noodle dishes. The salad benefits from at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to marinate in the vinaigrette.
- 1 cup (1/2 ounce) dried arame seaweed
- 2 large cucumbers halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch (about 8) small red radishes trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds toasted and cooled (optional)
Soak arame in cold water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add cucumbers, radishes, rice vinegar and tamari and toss to combine. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Just before serving, toss vegetables together again and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Per serving: 50 calories (15 from fat), 2g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 6g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 2g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service