Use a mix of green and black olives in this perfect lunchtime salad, which also makes a delicious filling for pita sandwiches. To create a fresh, crunchy wrap, skip the lettuce and spread a whole wheat tortilla with hummus and top with a generous spoonful of the salad.
- 1 cucumber halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted olives halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 leaves iceberg lettuce
In a bowl, toss together cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Add cheese and olives. Drizzle with vinegar, and season with pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon salad into lettuce leaves.
Per serving: 160 calories (120 from fat), 13g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 8g carbohydrates (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 5g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service