Walnut oil, creamy cheese, pears and lemon juice combine beautifully with white wine vinegar in this elegant salad. You can swap in extra-virgin olive oil for the walnut oil, if you prefer.
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 cups bite-size pieces leafy green lettuce
- 2 Belgian endives trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large Bosc pear cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Ground black pepper to taste
Put oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey and salt into a large bowl and whisk together to make a dressing. Add lettuce, endive and cheese and toss gently to coat. Top with pears, walnuts and pepper and serve.
Per serving: 260 calories (180 from fat), 20g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates (8g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 8g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service