Hot Italian sausage, sweet tomatoes and fresh basil are tossed with bowtie pasta in this easy, flavor-packed main dish. Try this recipe with classic Italian pork sausage or leaner chicken or turkey sausage if you prefer.
- 3/4 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano cheese shaved or shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and toss in olive oil. Set aside. Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Squeeze sausage from casing into pan, crumbling it into small pieces. Add garlic and cook until sausage is browned and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Toss cooked sausage with pasta, basil, tomatoes, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 540 calories (210 from fat), 24g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium, 56g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 25g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service