For football games or Mardi Gras, try these gluten-free mini sandwiches, a super-tasty take on New Orleans’ famous sandwich. The irresistible muffaletta spread made with cauliflower, olives and fresh oregano.
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 3/4 pounds) trimmed and cut into small florets (about 4 cups or 1 pound)
- 1 (6- to 7-ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed olives, drained 2 tablespoons of the brine reserved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh oregano
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 or 2 small cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 loaf GlutenFree Bakehouse® Sundried Tomato Bread
- 1 (7-ounce) package Applegate Uncured Turkey Salami
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add cauliflower, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse well and drain again. In a food processor, purée cauliflower, olives and reserved brine, oil, oregano, celery and garlic, stirring often, to make a slightly chunky spread. Spoon a generous 2 tablespoons onto one side of each piece of bread. Top half of the bread with salami and then sandwich bread together. Cut into quarters and serve. (Reserve remaining cauliflower spread for another use.)
Per serving: 1/2 sandwich, 120 calories (45 from fat), 5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 15g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 4g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service