Quinoa takes the place of traditional bulgur in this flavorful salad. It can stand alone as a vegetarian main dish, thanks to quinoa's protein content, or be served as a side dish or sandwich filling.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups small grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Crushed red Chile flakes, optional
Combine all ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Per serving: 340 calories (180 from fat), 20g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 38g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 7g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service