Here, black-eyed peas and kale (reputed to bring good luck!) are baked into an extra-tasty pizza. If you like, sprinkle the pie with chopped fresh basil or oregano when it comes out of the oven.
- 1/2 bunch kale tough stems and ribs removed, leaves steamed and chopped
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- 1 Engine 2 Plant-Strong 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 2/3 cup Engine 2 Plant-Strong Classic Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce divided
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added drained and rinsed black-eyed peas
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Crushed red chile flakes to taste
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Combine kale, walnuts and garlic in a food processor and process until fairly smooth, scraping down sides of food processor bowl as needed.
Spread pizza crust with 1/3 cup of the pasta sauce and dot with kale pesto. Dollop remaining 1/3 cup pasta sauce on top. Sprinkle with black-eyed peas and yeast, if using. Bake until crust is lightly browned on the edges and bottom, about 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with chile flakes on the side.
Per serving: 180 calories (45 from fat), 5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 28g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 6g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service