Salads don’t get much greener than this fresh and easy combination of blanched green peas, crunchy raw sugar snap peas and tender pea shoots. Tossed with a white balsamic vinaigrette, the salad is perfect for a brunch, picnic or weeknight dinner.
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas strings removed, peas thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup pea shoots or torn baby spinach leaves
Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add green peas and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and place in ice water for 2 minutes to stop the cooking. Drain well.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, tarragon and salt until blended. Add green peas, sugar snap peas and pea shoots. Gently toss salad until evenly coated.
Per serving: 80 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 15g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 10g sugar), 3g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service