Dark leafy greens are the most nutrient-dense foods. That means that they contain more beneficial micronutrients per calorie than any other food, providing incredible nutritional bang for your buck, and in this case they're ready, and very tasty, in less than 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges for even more flavor.
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2 bunches dark leafy greens (kale, collard greens or Swiss chard) tough stems removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound feta cheese crumbled
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen brown rice prepared according to package directions
Put carrots, greens, onion, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper in a large, deep skillet and toss well. Cover and cook over medium heat, tossing once or twice, until greens are wilted and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Toss with feta cheese and spoon over brown rice.
Per serving: 310 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 50g carbohydrates (6g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 11g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service