You can use leftover grilled chicken to make this recipe. For extra flavor, grill the peaches and red onions, too. Nobody will guess that the fruity, nutty dressing here is made without added oil.
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger (optional)
- 3 peaches pitted and sliced, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 head lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs grilled and chopped
Purée pecans, vinegar, ginger, 1/3 of the peaches, 2 to 4 tablespoons water, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. If desired, press through a fine sieve for a silkier dressing. Transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining peaches, onion, lettuce and chicken and toss to combine; garnish with more pecans.
Per serving: 200 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 18g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 18g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service