Topped with tangy, fresh goat cheese, juicy pimientos and artichoke hearts, this summer take on the grilled cheese sandwich raises the bar. Luckily, the recipe easily doubles or triples to feed last-minute company.
- 8 ounces 365 Everyday Value® Goat Cheese
- 1 (14.1-ounce) can 365 Everyday Value® Artichoke Quarters Packed in Water drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup jarred pimientos drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 4 green onions trimmed and finely chopped
- 8 thick slices whole wheat hearth bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-low heat. In a bowl, mash together goat cheese, artichokes, pimientos, oregano and green onions. Spread evenly on one side of each slice of bread. Arrange on the grates and cover (with the grill lid, or an upturned skillet, if using a grill pan). Grill until bread is deeply browned on the bottom and cheese is warm, about 5 minutes. Top with parsley and serve.
Per serving: 1 toastie, 210 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 27g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 11g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service