This super-easy, no-cook salad is packed with colorful, juicy heirloom tomatoes, whole-grain bulgur and crisp, raw green beans. Consider it the perfect side dish for picnics and potlucks.
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes chopped, juices reserved
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat
- 1/2 pound green beans thinly sliced on the bias
- 15 pieces sun-dried tomatoes in extra-virgin olive oil thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon oil from the jar
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
In a large, nonreactive bowl, stir together heirloom tomatoes and juices and bulgur. Cover and let sit at room temperature until bulgur is tender, about 3 hours. Stir in green beans, sun-dried tomatoes and oil, and salt. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 190 calories (30 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 34g carbohydrates (9g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 6g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service