In this updated version of tabbouleh, traditional bulgur has been replaced with raw, shelled hemp seeds that are tossed with fresh parsley, mint and garlic.
- 1 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, toss together hemp seeds, lemon juice and salt. Add green onions, garlic, parsley, mint and oil and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve or up to 5 days.
Per serving: 210 calories (130 from fat), 14g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 8g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 0g sugar), 11g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service