Pesto is so versatile, you'll never run out of ways to enjoy it. Toss spoonfuls of this no-cook sauce with hot pasta or steamed vegetables, use it as a spread on sandwiches and wraps, or serve as a dip with raw veggies or pita chips.
- 1/4 cup nuts, such as walnuts, pine nuts or sunflower kernels
- 2 cups packed chopped raw fresh herbs/greens, such as basil, kale or parsley
- 1/2 cup grated hard cheese, such as parmesan or Romano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Per serving: 110 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 2g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar), 4g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service