These zesty pickles are a fun change from classic dill or bread-and-butter pickles. Serve as a complement to grilled or spicy foods, or with chicken or fish.
- 4 Japanese cucumbers, thinly sliced, or 3 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons rice syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 fresh red Chile peppers, seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Combine cucumbers, onion, vinegar, rice syrup, salt, chile peppers and cilantro and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 50 calories (5 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 1g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service