This refreshing cold soup mixes sweet melon with garden favorites, cucumber and onion, for a sweetened spin on traditional tomato-based gazpacho.
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 cucumber,peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Place onion and sherry vinegar in a small bowl and let soak 15 minutes.
Place melon, cucumber, salt, onion and soaking vinegar in a blender and blend until puréed.
Refrigerate until chilled.
Per serving: 130 calories (5 from fat), 0.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 32g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 28g sugar), 2g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service