A surprise element, cumin, brings a unique flavor to this simple green salad. The sweet cherries are a delicious contrast to the warmly spiced vinaigrette.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherries (about 10 ounces) pitted and halved
- 12 cups mixed lettuces with herbs loosely packed (about 8 ounces)
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in olive oil until blended. Stir in cherries. Add greens and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 150 calories (80 from fat), 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 15g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 11g sugar), 3g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service