Toasted whole grain bread, topped with sweet-salty homemade tahini spread, is a great match for crisp cucumbers and vibrant, fresh sprouts.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 (4.0-ounce) cup canned mandarin oranges, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mellow white miso
- 4 slices Health Starts Here bread, such as Orchard Harvest, toasted
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sunflower or mung bean sprouts
In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, oranges, vinegar, miso and 1 to 2 tablespoons water; spread evenly on bread.
Top with cucumbers and sprouts and serve.
Our Health Starts Here® recipes celebrate naturally flavorful whole foods by limiting added sodium and containing no extracted oils or refined sweeteners.
Per serving: 220 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 26g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 10g sugar), 7g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service