These classic cheeseburgers feature lettuce, tomato and onion. Have ketchup and mustard on hand, too, for the ultimate burger perfection!
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 4 leaves romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 (4-ounce) fresh or frozen beef burger patties
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Season each burger patty with salt and pepper. Grill burgers to desired doneness; about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Add cheese as soon as you flip to the second side. Grill buns until lightly toasted. Arrange burgers on buns with lettuce, tomatoes and onions and serve.
Per serving: 1 burger, 450 calories (230 from fat), 26g total fat, 11g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 25g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 31g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service