Transform a favorite breakfast cereal into hearty, spiced muffins. Grated pear and tangy buttermilk keep these treats moist and flavorful.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups 365 Everyday Value® Organic Raisin Bran Cereal divided
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 firm Bartlett pear or Gala apple grated
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk together honey, buttermilk, butter and eggs. In a second large bowl, toss together 1 1/2 cups of the cereal, flour, baking powder, cloves and salt. Add cereal mixture to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in pear and spoon batter evenly into the prepared pan. Scatter remaining 1 cup cereal over the tops of muffins. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: 1 muffin, 200 calories (45 from fat), 5g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 37g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 16g sugar), 4g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service