Try this delicious "pasta" made from strips of summer squash and zucchini tossed with tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil and oregano for a dish packed with bright flavors.
- 2 zucchini squash
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Using a vegetable peeler, carefully shave the zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into thin strips.
In a large bowl, gently toss together all ingredients. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Per serving: 60 calories (25 from fat), 3g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates (2g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 2g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service