These refreshing hors d'oeuvres are equally delicious made with salmon, trout, shrimp or crab, so pick a seafood that's best for your budget. For vegetarians, a slice of baked tofu is a perfect substitute for the seafood.
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 bunch chives finely chopped, divided
- 1 lemon Zest and 1 tablespoon juice of
- fine sea salt and ground black pepper Pinch of
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon or smoked trout, OR 8 ounces crab meat, OR 12 medium peeled, deveined and halved cooked shrimp
- 1 seedless cucumber cut into 24 slices
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, half of the chives, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. If using salmon or trout, cut into 24 bite-sized pieces. Arrange a piece of seafood on each cucumber slice then top with a dollop of sour cream mixture and garnish with remaining chives.
Per serving: 1 each, 25 calories (10 from fat), 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 1g carbohydrates (0g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 3g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service