Nothing beats a big bowl of vibrantly flavored, veggie-packed soup for lunch or dinner, and preparing it in a slow cooker means you can make a big batch with minimal effort.
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14-ounce) cans no-salt-added cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about 1/4 small head)
- 1 pound white potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (any combination parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, chives)
Preheat the slow cooker to high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until just golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, cabbage, potatoes and chile flakes along with 2 cups water to the slow cooker. Cover and cook until potatoes are very tender, 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high. Stir in herbs.
Per serving: 220 calories (15 from fat), 1.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 45g carbohydrates (11g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 11g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service