Bleu d'Auvergne is a cow's milk cheese from Southern France with few rivals. Here it's spread on warm grilled bread and topped with smoked turkey, leaves of crisp endive and roasted red peppers.
- 4 slices sourdough or country bread grilled or toasted
- 2 ounces Bleu d'Auvergne cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1 Belgian endive trimmed and separated into leaves
- 1 large roasted red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
While bread is still warm from toasting, spread two of the slices with cheese. Top with turkey, endive, peppers, lettuce and remaining slices of bread and serve.
Per serving: 430 calories (120 from fat), 13g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 1430mg sodium, 44g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 31g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service