This light, fresh salsa makes a great dip for chips or toppings for fajitas and breakfast tacos. Add chiles to suit your tolerance for fiery heat.
- 2 medium cluster tomatoes seeded and diced
- 15 sprigs fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped (discard stems)
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 serrano pepper minced (discard seeds)
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced (discard seeds)
Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add cilantro, garlic, onion, lime juice and salt. Taste a tiny bit of both serrano and jalapeño chiles to gauge degree of heat and add to taste. Stir to combine all ingredients, and let rest before serving to allow flavors to meld.
Per serving: 10 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 3g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 0g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service