The tanginess of Humboldt Fog gives additional flavor to this elegant summer salad. Feel free to substitute other stone fruit like peaches or nectarines for the plums.
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5.0-ounce) package baby spinach
- 3 plums pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Humboldt Fog or other fresh goat cheese crumbled
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
In a large serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until vinaigrette thickens. Add spinach, plums, cheese, shallots and almonds and toss gently until evenly coated.
Per serving: 240 calories (160 from fat), 17g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates (4g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 8g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service