This seasonal beauty calls on spring all-stars asparagus and strawberries for a satisfying salad. The blended avocado results in a smooth and creamy cloak for the produce.
- 3 green onions roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces spring greens or mesclun mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 pound asparagus trimmed and sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler
Purée green onions, avocado, juice, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth to make a dressing. In a large bowl, toss greens, strawberries and asparagus together. Transfer to plates, drizzle with half the dressing and serve. Extra dressing will keep one day refrigerated.
Per serving: 120 calories (35 from fat), 4g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 20g carbohydrates (7g dietary fiber, 11g sugar), 4g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service