Mildly sweet, nutty and creamy with a pleasing almond crunch, this dish makes a refreshing dessert, breakfast or brunch option.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 (15.0-ounce) can pitted tart cherries packed in water, divided
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 pounds peaches, plums, apricots, pluots, nectarines or apricots, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Combine almond butter, 1 cup of the cherries, half-and-half, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth.
Cut peaches, apricots, plums or pluots in 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Arrange fruit on serving plates and drizzle with dressing. Top with additional cherries and sliced almonds.
Per serving: 320 calories (160 from fat), 18g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 38g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 30g sugar), 7g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service