This easy sangria is a fabulous way to enjoy some of summer’s tastiest bounty, cherries and plums, although frozen fruit also works wonderfully if you’re making the beverage out of season.
- 1/2 pound cherries pitted and halved or 1 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened cherries
- 3 plums or pluots pitted and thinly sliced, or 2 cups frozen unsweetened peaches
- 1 (750-ml) bottle fruity red wine
- 1/2 bottle (about 1 3/4 cups) lemon soda chilled
- Ice cubes for serving
- Small sprigs fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Combine cherries and plums in a large pitcher and mash a bit with a wooden spoon. Stir in wine. Refrigerate until ready to serve (refrigerating isn’t necessary if you use frozen fruit). Add soda to the pitcher and stir gently. Serve sangria in glasses over ice, garnished with a basil sprig, if using.
Per serving: 110 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 1g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service