This Thai-inspired sauce balances sweet and savory. Serve over brown rice and steamed vegetables, or use as a dipping sauce for a platter of raw vegetables.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, grated (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed through a press or finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Combine peanut butter, pineapple juice, vinegar and lime zest and juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Transfer to a small bowl and stir in ginger, garlic, red chile flakes and green onion.
Peanut sauce will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 2 tablespoons, 100 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 5g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 4g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service