For a delicious lunch, fill whole-grain pita bread halves with this tangy bean salad and top with shredded lettuce. It's delicious on its own, too.
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon mustard, preferably German
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and drained no-salt-added chickpeas or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
Whisk together vinegar, tamari, mustard, tahini and 3 tablespoons water in a medium bowl. Add beans, green onions, carrots and parsley, toss to combine and set aside at room temperature to let marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 150 calories (40 from fat), 4.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 23g carbohydrates (6g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 8g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service