A tangy yogurt-dill vinaigrette is the ideal counterpart to this salad featuring smoked salmon, radishes, fennel and hard-cooked eggs. Prepping the eggs ahead of time makes this salad easy to prepare on the fly.
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 2/3 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 lemon Juice of
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 hard-cooked eggs peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 small fennel bulb trimmed, halved and finely sliced
- 1 bunch red radishes sliced as thinly as possible in rounds or half rounds
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 6 Scandinavian crispbread roughly crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
To prepare the vinaigrette, add all ingredients except oil to a blender. Add 3 tablespoons water. Blend at medium speed for 2 minutes, then slowly drizzle in oil with the blender running until dressing slightly thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill until ready to use.
To assemble the salad, toss greens and dill together. Arrange on a platter. Arrange eggs, fennel and radishes on top of the greens. Roll up slices of smoked salmon and arrange on salad. Serve with crispbread and dressing on the side.
Per serving: 240 calories (120 from fat), 14g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 14g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service