Use this vegan ricotta as a substitute for the traditional dairy version when you make lasagna, pizza or stuffed shells and manicotti.
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu drained and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a medium bowl, combine tofu, tahini, garlic, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, miso, lemon juice, pepper, shallot and parsley. Mash together with the back of a spoon until ingredients are incorporated.
Per serving: about 1/4 cup, 60 calories (30 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 3g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 11g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service