This sweet-and-savory salad is a perfect lunch entrée. You can use leftover roast chicken or purchase 2 raw chicken breasts (about 1 pound total) and either grill them or poach them.
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta shells or fusilli
- 1/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced boneless, skinless, cooked organic chicken
- 2 apples diced
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain and cool under cold water, then drain again. Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add pasta, chicken, apples, celery and scallions and toss. Serve sprinkled with walnuts.
Per serving: 200 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 15g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 14g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service