This refreshing salad makes a delicious first course or side dish for warm-weather meals. You can make it up to a day ahead, but add the arugula just before serving for best texture. If you'd like to save time by buying pre-cut watermelon, you'll need about 2 pounds of chunks to equal 6 cups diced.
- 6 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 6 tablespoons prepared balsamic dressing
- 5 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine watermelon, onion, feta and sunflower seeds.
Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Add arugula and toss again.
Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
Per serving: 180 calories (100 from fat), 12g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, 10g sugar), 5g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service