This sweet and spicy fruit salad makes a refreshing side dish with a summer meal. The salt and chile balance the sweetness of the fruit and provide the perfect savory note.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Thai or serrano chile peppers finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 4 cups halved strawberries
In a large bowl, whisk together onions, lime juice, salt, chiles and cilantro. Drizzle in oil while continuing to whisk constantly. Add watermelon and strawberries and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 170 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 20g carbohydrates (3g dietary fiber, 15g sugar), 2g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service