With so few ingredients, this salad is surprisingly substantial thanks to the protein- and fiber-packed white beans. Tender spinach, zippy red onion and a bold Dijon dressing fill out this simple salad that works as a main dish or side.
- 3 cups cooked no-salt-added cannellini beans from 2 (15-ounce cans) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups tightly packed fresh spinach leaves tough stems removed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
In a large mixing bowl combine beans and onion. Slice spinach into thin ribbons and add to the beans.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar and Italian seasoning. Pour dressing over the bean mixture and stir to combine all ingredients. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 170 calories (5 from fat), 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 32g carbohydrates (12g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 10g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service