Toss these easy homemade croutons in salads, sprinkle over soups and stews or fold into hot scrambled eggs and omelets.
- 3 slices whole grain sandwich bread cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and then spread out in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake, tossing every few minutes, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes; set aside to let cool.
Per serving: 70 calories (20 from fat), 2.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates (2g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 2g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service