Raw spinach or kale leaves make a surprising pesto for this good-for-you pizza. Because you use premade English muffins rather than a traditional crust, these can be prepared quickly for weeknight dinners or lunch.
- 2 cups packed chopped raw spinach or kale leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 sprouted 100% whole grain English muffins split
- 4 ounces sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place kale, walnuts, yeast, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, garlic and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you have a coarse paste. Arrange muffin halves on a large baking sheet. Spread kale pesto on muffins and top with mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese. Bake until muffins are crisp and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per serving: 2 English muffin halves, 350 calories (150 from fat), 16g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 39g carbohydrates (9g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 17g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service