Whole-wheat couscous is super easy and quick to prepare. Tossed with cider vinaigrette, juicy nectarines, watercress and pistachios, this dish is full of flavor and texture.
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 nectarines diced
- 1 bunch watercress stems removed and leaves sliced (about 1 1/2 cups packed leaves)
- 1/2 cup pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil in a thin steady stream until dressing thickens. Add couscous, nectarines, watercress, pistachios and shallots to bowl and toss to combine. Serve warm or chilled.
Per serving: 360 calories (130 from fat), 15g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 51g carbohydrates (9g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 12g protein.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember - we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service