Community Giving at the Hadley Store
At Whole Foods Market, we are active participants in our community. We are extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationships that we continue to make each month! We strive to make a difference.
Marketing & Community Relations
Donation Requests are accepted online only. You must complete the online application at least 45 days prior to when you would expect your donation. As part of the process it is mandatory to upload a copy of your group’s 501(c)3 letter from the IRS/US Treasury. Please note that this is a federal letter and not the Tax Exempt Form from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
There are other ways that our store works with non-profit agencies in the area. We participate regularly with community organizations and in-store by offering our customers coupons at checkout enabling them to support selected nonprofits. You’ll often find Team Members from the Hadley store sampling food or volunteering at community and fundraising events, too! And although many of our store-supported activities don’t require us to be there, you’ve probably snacked on our donations or purchased them to support the programs you’ve attended.
5% Community Giving Days
5% Community Giving Days are another meaningful way we give back to our community. Four times throughout the year a total of 5% of a day’s net sales are donated to local non-profit organizations. Customers help support our selected organizations just by shopping on these 5% Days!
Whole Foods Market is dedicated to helping non-profit organizations (501c3) in our local community that have grand intentions along with small budgets. Our giving program supports volunteer-staffed organizations that address community issues such as hunger, poverty, organic & sustainable agriculture, animal welfare issues, environmental concerns and health & human services, among others. Political organizations are not eligible for donations.
A 5% Day is one way that Whole Foods Market is able to provide financial support to such organizations. Four times during the year, we donate 5% of one day’s net store sales to a selected non-profit organization. We work closely with the benefiting organization to promote the event—using their promotional resources as well as our own; for example, newsletters, public service campaigns, direct mailings, etc, to make the day as successful as possible.
- Non-profit organizations are invited to apply for 5% Day once in a 12-month period.
- An organization that has not benefited previously will have priority over those who have.
To be eligible, an organization must:
- Be designated with 501(c)(3) status, proven by proper IRS documentation submitted with completed application
- Submit a completed application. All information must be turned in at the same time. Organizations will not be contacted for missing information. Please note that a completed application is not an agreement to honor your request. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for Whole Foods Market to fulfill every request.
- Be located within close proximity to the store.
- Provide direct services and programs designed to improve the environment and quality of life for members in the local community.
If your organization is interested in applying for a 5% Community Giving Day, please email the Community Relations contact above.