Jean, Stia and Katherine are a mom, daughter and daughter-in-law who write the Dallas-based lifestyle blog Bishop And Holland . This past January, their family welcomed Stia’s first child, William. We asked Stia, along with her mother and sister-in-law, for advice on the best baby gifts at the grocery store.
Confession: Pregnant women sometimes register for impossibly impractical things. Case in point — a tiny cashmere sweater in a size William outgrew before he could wear it a second time. While registry gifts are lovely (hello photo ops!), the key to making a new mom’s day is bringing her something either practical or pampering. Here are seven of our favorite gift ideas that will either save her time — or give her a little bit of time to herself
- Weleda Diaper Cream (both the Calendula and newer White Mallow): Babies are so sensitive and diaper rash can happen so fast! We love this cream because it’s dermatologist-tested and super soothing.
- 365 Baby Everyday Value Baby Shampoo, Baby Lotion and Baby Wash: We love that this line doesn't contain parabens. And, all of the producs contain soothing calendula, oat extract, and vitamin E.
- Andalou Naturals Facial Mask Pods: A treat for mom during baby's nap time. It's amazing what a little pampering will do for a new mom!
- Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Eye Cream: Let's face it — those first few weeks (and months) are exhausting! Stia relied on eye cream and concealer to hide those tired eyes! A new mom will thank you for this cream — she deserves a mini spa day!
- Fresh Flowers: A perfect way to brighten mom's day and freshen up her house! Because trust us — the last thing you are thinking about with a new baby is how your house looks!
- Diapers (365 Everyday Value): It's comical how many diapers you go through a day with a newborn. We always appreciated whenever anyone brought us diapers!
- Casserole/Salad for dinner: It’s nice to provide dinner for a family a new baby. Whole Foods has the best pre-made casseroles that the family can heat in the oven whenever they are ready to have dinner. The penne pasta and meatballs or lasagna are good choices; don't forget a caesar salad! We also love to bring cupcakes — it’s a cute treat for older siblings!
Bishop And Holland were compensated for writing this post for Whole Story, though opinions are their own. Follow Bishop and Holland on Instagram (@bishopandholland) and Snapchat (@bishopnholland).